The Pensacola Kimono Club

The Pensacola Kimono Club was Officially Founded on Feb 7th 2009 , by Lyuba , Fran, April & Myself ~ Aira.

We All Originate from different Countries, but all of us had a definite LOVE OF KIMONO.

We had all Previously Worn Kimono on our own prior to forming the Club, but not on a regular basis untill we all met Each other.

Since Then we have all Attended & Participated in many events and have gathered new members as well!

We've had such success in our gatherings that we decided to form our Club Officially and share our LOVE of Kimono as well as Educate about Kimono.

WE have recently been invited to participate in Japanese New Years, Bon Festivals and other Cultural events Locally, in Mobile as well as Milton occationally, so we can easily be found at our Booth at these events or wandering around enjoying the festivities.

Every Once and a While we Do Kimono Fashion shows, showcasing a variety of different Kimono from the Simple cotton Summer Yukata all the way to Formal Wedding Kimono for Both Men & Women!

We also try to do a Kimono 101 to explain and teach how to wear kimono and the names and purposes for all the pieces needed to wear kimono.

Generally we will be found making our regular Pit Stops at Barnes & Noble when we are out, so if y'all see us don't be afraid to stop and say Hello.

.....Just Don't call us Geisha's or ask us if we know Kung foo! LOL

.......No Seriously.


Monday, April 4, 2011

Festival on the Green 2011

This past weekend my friend's and i decided to attend our local Festival on the Green at UWF.

We all decided to wear Yukata, and i went for a Hello Kitty Theme, unfortunately my cute Strawberry kitty ears i bought from Yaya Han wouldn't stay on my Head & neither would my Strawberry Hello Kitty press on nails lol which was the whole inspiration for my outfit! Oh well!




thes are the only two shots of me in my ears before i had to take them off for comfort LOL


April and her sister Sarah found us ! They looked so cute
in their matching mini skirt Yukata ensemles!

We were VERY pleased to find
Kevin J. 's Clay Orchid booth!
He's Very talented! His Orchids look so real
and he makes clay miniatures too!

I ran into the Lion  & his Foxy friend
so i had to get a Photo!
Fellow Fursuiters! Yay!

The Azalea's were in full bloom!



Finally got a shot of the Butterfly

Yay! Group Shot!

I Love Fran's Pirate Parasol! 
I would have worn mine too but it didn't match LOL

Taking a Break on a Hot Day

I Painted & Decorated my toenails for once!

My Kimono Hello Kitty Purse

My obi charm even had hello kitty
 but wouldn't show LOL



We all got cute Paper cranes or Butterflies for donating for Japan Relief


Time for Photo's!





































we spotted some HUGE dogs from across the way





Stopped at the Native American Booth,
we took a looksee inside their mobile museum


found a Stylish Dog

this nice gentleman invited us to hold his rifle!





i found our local Jack Sparrow Impersonator Incognito!

We decided to eat Lunch at Fuji Sushi's
they have pretty wallpaper in the booth

My Yummy salad

My Yummy Salmon Teriyaki Bento

Yummy Sushi!


This was Fran's Mini Clay Sushi Bento she bought from Kevin J

This was my mini clay watermelon jar i bought from Kevin J



this was my mini Clay sushi bento i bought from kevin J

I also couldn't pass up these pretty flower earrings


Oh and here was my Makeup:










No comments:

Post a Comment